We’re so excited to announce our newest physician, Rachel Gilgoff, MD, who uses a cutting-edge approach to treat and manage stress biology in children and adults. With her expertise we are expanding our services to include: From Stress to Wellness – StressWell! Dr. Gilgoff offers novel interventions and strategies which can balance an overactive stress response system.
Is your child struggling? Is your family feeling stressed? Have you been getting the run around and not accessing the answers you want or need? Maybe you prefer to avoid medical treatments, especially pharmaceuticals, but don’t know where to turn.
As a parent, do you feel you lack the bandwidth to thoughtfully respond to the challenges facing your kids and family? Do you worry about the impact of extensive social media use on your child’s capacity for focus in school and even on their self-worth? Are you agonizing over how to protect your children from the risks of drug use that is so pervasive in kids as young as middle schoolers?
You are not alone – and we can help!
The aftermath of social distancing and the violence and constant threats seen in the media are driving a wave of stress-related health conditions. The stress response is a biological process that impacts how we think, feel, act, eat, and even breathe. When this stress response is over-activated, it can have profound biological effects on our health. This can lead to increased risk for behavioral, mental and physical health conditions including:
- Anxiety and depression
- Impulsivity and addictions
- Attention and focus issues
- Dissociation and feeling numb
- Frequent outbursts and learning problems at school
- Asthma attacks
- Inflammation and changes in blood sugar levels
- Food cravings
- Headaches and stomach aches
These are examples of some of the approaches used by Dr. Gilgoff:
- A strengths-based, compassionate approach
- Dr. Gilgoff is here to support you and your family, nurture your strengths, and boost your innate resilience.
- A detailed stress and resilience assessment and report
- Based on her years of experience in the field, Dr. Gilgoff has pulled together the latest stress research to evaluate how stress is specifically impacting you and/or your child’s biology and behavior.
- Interventions and treatments that are targeted to your and your child’s stress biology
- Dr. Gilgoff provides intervention strategies that target your child’s specific underlying biology and the needs of your entire family.
- Whole family support
- Parents, caregivers, siblings need support and healing too!
When you work with Dr. Gilgoff, you will gain a better understanding of the root causes of your own, your child’s, and your family’s stressors and practical and effective tools for healing and change. Depending on your specific circumstances, she may recommend certain clinical tests and interventions which she will discuss in detail with you.