Julia Getzelman, MD, Holistic Pediatrician
Dr. Julia Getzelman is dedicated to changing the practice of pediatric medicine. With a passionate commitment to life long wellness, Dr. Getzelman founded GetzWell Pediatrics in San Francisco in 2008.
Dr. Getzelman—and her provider team—are like old-fashioned doctors but armed with all the modern tools and technology.
San Francisco Pediatrician Practicing Functional Medicine
Dr. Getzelman believes that many factors contribute to health and illness: nutrition, physical activity, emotional/psychological stresses, family systems and the environment, among others. She has a special interest in how nutrition and gut health contribute to overall wellness.
Dr. Getzelman graduated from Yale University Medical School and completed her pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital Oakland. After her residency training, she discovered functional medicine and realized this systems based paradigm incorporates the best elements of allopathic medicine along with nutrition and science and behavioral health, providing a better roadmap to optimizing health and achieving vitality.
- BA in psychology from Stanford University, with Distinction and Phi Beta Kappa
- Medical degree from Yale University
- Residency at Children’s Hospital Oakland
- Attending physician in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and pediatric clinic at Highland, Oakland’s county hospital
- After-Hour Pediatrics in San Mateo, California
- Primary care physician at Sutter-Saint Luke’s Health Care Center in San Francisco’s Mission District
Training, Affiliations and Certifications
- Board-certified in pediatrics
- Member of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Core curriculum of the Institute for Functional Medicine
- Training in homeopathy and applied nutritional biochemistry/food as medicine
- Training in using genetic polymorphisms as a guide for treating a variety of chronic problems like ADHD, anxiety, behavior issues, autoimmunity, etc.