24/7 Physician Access
Parenting is a 24/7 job and at GetzWell Pediatrics we want to support you whenever you need us. The last thing you want when your child is sick is to reach an anonymous nursing line advising a trip to the emergency room. We offer parents 24/7 access to our own professionals. We are available ANYTIME you need us.
Advice for Parents at All Times
Most common childhood illnesses get worse at night, preventing your child from sleeping and causing them pain or discomfort. These routine illnesses often resolve without immediately seeing a pediatrician. However, you need to be able to reach your child’s doctor in order to express your concerns and receive advice. When you need to reach us after hours, one of GetzWell’s professionals can give you step-by-step instructions about what to do for symptoms such as:
- Viral infections like cold or flu
- Sore throat
- Ear pain
- Abdominal pain
When To Come in For a Visit
If our pediatrician thinks that your child’s symptoms are severe, then you may need to come in for a visit. We do everything we can to prevent the inconvenience and stress of a visit to the emergency room by scheduling same day appointments if your child is suffering from:
- Persistent pain: sore throat, severe headache, stomachache
- Earache: or discharge from the ear
- Cough: that last more than 2 weeks or is worsening
- Vomiting or diarrhea: that is frequent or has blood in it
- Thick eye discharge and red eyes
- Stiff neck
- Illness that worsens: or goes on for more than three days
- Fever: lasting more than three days
These symptoms are common but will require that your child sees one of our professionals as soon as possible.
Open Access Membership
At GetzWell Pediatrics, we want to provide you and your child with the best possible care. This is why we have adopted a Direct Primary Care model with an open access membership instead of accepting insurance. Benefits of membership include:
- 24/7 pediatrician access
- Same day appointments for acute illness
- Collaborative care for your child’s health
- Nutrition counseling
- Appointments three or four times longer than the national average
GetzWell Pediatrics was 2014’s top-ranked pediatrician in San Francisco and Silver Pick for 2015’s Parents Pick.
Call one of our convenient San Francisco locations to schedule a meet and greet with one of our pediatricians at (415) 826-1701.