As your child grows, there are crucial developmental milestones like your child’s first smile, words, and steps. At GetzWell Pediatrics we practice whole kid care that includes wellness visits at:
- Birth — newborn house calls as an option for San Francisco parents
- Two weeks
- One month
- Two months
- Four months
- Six months
- Nine months
- Twelve months
- Fifteen months
- Eighteen months
- Twenty-one months
- Twenty-four months
- Thirty months
- Thirty-six months
- Annually after age 3
These routine wellness exams allow us to monitor your child’s growth and development and cultivate a partnership designed to optimize your child’s health within an integrative framework.
What Happens During a Well Child Visit?
The first three years are a time of rapid growth and development for your child. Well child visits typically involve:
- A thorough physical exam and history
- Updates to the family dynamic or social history
- Basic developmental screenings
- Routine or customized immunizations
- Nutrition counseling
- One-on-one discussions about sleep, feeding, emotional intelligence, behavioral issues, limit-setting, constipation, eczema and other parental concerns
We take the time to answer any and all questions that you have regarding your child’s well being so that your baby grows up healthy and happy.
Screening for Developmental Delay
At GetzWell Pediatrics, all members receive a formal developmental screening at the 18-month routine check up. We also complete informal screenings at each of the well child visits in order to assure your child is developing normally. We are happy to provide formal screening at any other time upon request or if otherwise indicated and welcome screening only visits for non-members.
Some of the developmental assessment tools we use at GetzWell are:
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire
- Child Behavior Checklist
- Pediatric Symptom Checklist
- Sensory Profile
When appropriate, we will coordinate care and make referrals to specialists for more in-depth evaluations.
School, Sport, and Camp Physicals
As your child gets older, GetzWell Pediatrics offers school, sport, and camp physicals. We we are happy to provide detailed guidance to your child’s school/program regarding:
- Physical and nutritional needs
- Customized and routine vaccines
- Any other special considerations
If your child has had a comprehensive exam within the last year and does not require another physical, we request that you email, fax, mail or deliver the appropriate forms to our office for completion at least 14 days before the registration deadline. For an additional fee, GetzWell pediatricians will provide these physical exams to non-members of the practice.
Open Access Membership
Adopting a fee for service model with an Open Access membership has allowed GetzWell Pediatrics to provide superlative individualized care:
- Visits that are four times longer than pediatricians that are insurance-based
- 24/7 access to a physician who will provide medical advice even during the middle of the night when you are worried and don’t know what to do
- Expanded treatment options that incorporate stimulating innate immunity, food as medicine and herbal preparations, as well as the latest conventional treatments
Our pediatricians pride themselves on developing real relationships with parents and children, something we believe is made nearly impossible by interference inherent in insurance based practices. As San Francisco’s top-ranked pediatrician in 2014 and Silver Parent’s Pick in 2015, our practice consistently receives awards for providing quality care in the Bay Area.