GetzWell Pediatrics coordinates care if your child has a chronic illness or requires treatment for more complicated medical issues. Our comprehensive view of your child’s medical history gives a broader picture of the underlying cause(s) for his or her medical problem as well as provides for lifestyle advice that can improve health. GetzWell Pediatrics offers a unique combination of conventional and complementary treatments for a truly integrative approach to your child’s health.
Hospital and Specialist Care
When children in our practice require specialty care or need hospitalization, our pediatricians will coordinate these services. We have excellent relationships with some of the best pediatric specialists in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we strive to seamlessly transition your child into their capable hands. We refer to and collaborate with most major hospital systems including:
- California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC)
- Children’s Hospital Oakland
- University of California San Francisco (UCSF Benioff)
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (Stanford)
- St. Luke’s Hospital
Moreover, once a child is hospitalized we provide a communication bridge between hospital teams and our families.
At GetzWell Pediatrics we believe in treating the whole person, not just symptoms in isolation, and this is the core of a functional approach to medical care. We take the time to listen to and understand our patients’ histories while acknowledging the complex interaction of genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that influence long term health and often underlie chronic illness. This approach recognizes the uniqueness of each person and represents a new map for addressing complex chronic illness and its prevention.
We deliver individually tailored therapies designed to restore health and optimize wellness, and we provide consultations related to improving immune function overall. The conditions we treat include (but are not limited to):
- Autoimmune disease
- Chronic ear infections
- Behavioral challenges
- Depression, anxiety and other mood disorders
- Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac and gluten sensitivity
- Headaches and migraines
Before your consultation at GetzWell, we request that you provide us with your child’s complete medical record, including lab work, imaging, and consult notes from other physicians. We may also ask you to sign a release so that we can discuss your child’s case with previous or collaborating providers.
Open Access Membership
At GetzWell Pediatrics, we believe in an integrative approach that takes into account many factors that other pediatricians do not have the time or perspective to consider. As a member of our practice you receive the following benefits:
- 24/7 emergency access to one of our pediatricians.
- Nutritional counseling to prevent increasingly common childhood ailments such as diabetes and obesity.
- A wider variety of treatment options drawing from both conventional and complementary medicine.
- Longer office visits that — four times the length of other pediatricians.
Our pediatricians are dedicated to providing you and your child with the kind of advice and care to allow him to grow up healthy and strong. GetzWell Pediatrics was 2014’s top-ranked pediatrician in San Francisco and chosen as 2015’s Silver Pick.