At GetzWell Pediatrics, we know whole kid care begins before birth. Research clearly points to the important ways a pregnant woman’s diet and lifestyle influence her unborn child’s health–for a lifetime! We are experienced in helping women achieve the highest level of health and well being during pregnancy in order to decrease the risk that their children will develop asthma, eczema, food allergies, autism, ADHD, autoimmune illness, etc.
Why Should I Come in For Nutritional Counseling During Pregnancy?
Awareness about the toxicity of food, water, and the environment has grown and myriad studies show that an expectant mother’s exposures can affect her developing baby’s brain, immune and hormone systems. Our recommendations derive from the cutting edge field of epigenetics and integrates information about nutrition, intestinal health, greening your home, and avoiding toxins. We call it “greening the womb” and it includes (but isn’t limited to):
- Eating as much organic food and possible and only organic meat, eggs, and dairy to eliminate pesticide, hormone, and antibiotic exposure
- Increasing omega-3 fatty acids to improve your developing baby’s developing brain and immune system
- Taking probiotics and vitamin D to keep your and your baby’s digestive and immune systems healthy
- Drinking filtered water to decrease exposure to heavy metals, pesticides, and other common contaminants
- Using green cleaning products that do not contain bleach, petroleum products, phosphates, phthalates, dyes, fragrance, and other harmful chemicals
During your appointment we will create an individualized plan to positively influence your growing baby’s lifetime health. Your child’s physical health and neurological development are our main concerns and we want to help you give him/her the best possible start to a vital and long life.
- Making Healthy Babies in a Toxic World
- Greening the Womb Intro
- Greening the Womb Part 2
- Our advice on healthy pregnancies is featured in a new science based book on healthy aging: The Telomere Effect
Open Access Membership
GetzWell Pediatrics practices integrative 21st century medicine that emphasizes really getting to know our patients. This slow medicine approach works best without the interference of insurance companies. We offer exceptional care and encourage you to join our practice guaranteeing:
- Appointments that are four times longer than conventional pediatricians
- A newborn house call for San Francisco residents
- 24/7 access to a GetzWell provider when you need urgent medical advice
- Caring pediatricians dedicated to taking the time needed to build lasting relationships with families
We practice proactive progressive pediatric medicine and children in our practice experience dramatically lower rates of asthma, allergy, eczema, autoimmune illness and obesity, among others. GetzWell Pediatrics remains one of San Francisco’s favorite pediatricians, winning 2014’s top-ranked pediatrician and Silver Pick for 2015’s Parents Pick.