At GetzWell Pediatrics we offer an innovative personalized approach to help families with the unique challenges faced by their adolescent. By having more time during our preteen and teen exams, we really get to know you and your child and help steer you in a positive direction.
A Different Approach for a Challenging Time
Engaging preteens and teens in self-awareness and healthy lifestyle choices can prove difficult for parents. In partnership with parents and their teens, we address challenges such as:
- ADD and ADHD
- Anxiety and depression
- Mood problems
- Acne and other skin disorders
- Autoimmune illnesses
- Behavioral issues
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gluten intolerance/celiac disease
Our functional medicine framework focuses allows for a customized treatment plan suited to your child’s unique needs.
Involving Your Preteen and Teen in Their Medical Care
We believe in engaging in a compassionate dialogue with adolescent patients regarding a variety of social, psychological, and emotional challenges. We want to be a resource guiding them in making healthy choices and providing some of the tools they need for continued well being.
School, Sport, and Camp Physicals
We are happy to provide detailed guidance to your child’s school/program regarding:
- Physical and nutritional needs
- Any other special considerations
If your child has had a comprehensive exam within the last year and does not require another physical, we request that you email, fax, mail or deliver the appropriate forms to our office for completion at least 14 days before the registration deadline. For an additional fee, GetzWell pediatricians will provide these physical exams to non-members of the practice.
Open Access Membership
Getzwell Pediatrics is committed to providing longer preteen and teen exams with resources to help you and your child navigate this often challenging time. Our modest annual open access membership fee allows us to:
- Provide longer office visits, typically 45 minutes compared to the standard 12 minutes offered by conventional pediatricians
- Broaden our treatment options to include holistic and complementary medicine in addition to conventional practices
- Give you 24/7 access to a pediatrician so that you get the medical advice you need from a trusted professional at all hours
At Getzwell Pediatrics we prioritize your child’s health and will go above and beyond to make sure that he or she grows up healthy and happy. Our awards include 2014’s top-ranked pediatrician in San Francisco and Silver Pick for 2015’s Parents Pick.