In a world-class city like San Francisco, almost anything is readily available. However, most would agree that quality medical care is hard to find. Fast-food style healthcare which involves long waits and exasperatingly brief doctor time is the norm. San Francisco pediatricians at GetzWell Pediatrics provide a refreshingly enhanced experience.
Working Together for Your Child’s Health
In order to have a productive relationship with your child’s pediatrician, you need a doctor who knows you well and who’s willing to work with you. A pediatrician that does these 10 things will ensure you get the most of every visit:
- Equal partnership: you may not be a doctor but you do know your child better than anyone
- Explanation of the process: a pediatrician who explains what she’s doing helps put both you and your child at ease
- Time for questions: even concerns that aren’t the most rational deserve to be addressed to provide a little peace of mind
- Not being rushed: it’s crucial for a pediatrician to take the time to be genuinely present instead of watching the clock
- Respect for your time: chances are you had to pull some strings to make your appointment, so if your pediatrician is behind schedule, they should let you know
- Treating the underlying cause: of course you want your child’s symptoms to go away, but taking time to address the cause will help prevent return visits
- Honesty: no one likes to be deceived…honesty fosters trust and enduring partnership
- Staying up to date: there are always new technologies and treatments and some provide better options for your child
- Prescribing wisely: being knowledgeable about side effects and the “collateral damage” of prescription drugs means your child’s treatments will be the safest and most effective. We will also discuss non-pharma options when safe and effective
- Kindness and respect: you and your child are more than just items on a to-do list – you deserve genuine care and concern for your well-being
You’re In the Right Place
At GetzWell Pediatrics, we offer appointments that are typically 3 to 4 times the national average. This gives us time to get to know you and understand ALL the factors –physical, emotional, environmental and developmental – that play into your child’s health.
San Francisco pediatricians at GetzWell Pediatrics partner with you for lasting health. Church St / Union St: (415) 826-1701.